I figured I would post an update on life in LA. Well first and most importantly, Sophie took her first few steps today. Yay. She did not mean to, at all. Typically when she walks she has to hold on to your fingers so tightly. Today I put her down and she saw her ball and just took off. She took about 3 steps and then bent down to pick it up and fell. She was so pleased with herself. Here is where I found her the other day. In my closet, such an explorer:
She is such fun. I absolutely love being a mom. I left my job here about 2 months ago and have been doing freelance since then. Although a big move it was the right step for our family. I now work two days a week doing freelance and get to enjoy the rest of my days with Sophie. Mike is working very hard on his documentary.
He is working very long days and nights with a great team as they edit their movie with the aim of submitting it to SXSW film festival. His movie is already getting a lot of attention from some big studio's and peeps in the industry. It is all very exciting. I am so proud of him and so lucky to have him as my husband and best friend. The lord knew what he was doing when he pointed Mike to my b-day party almost 6 years ago. Here we are at the Breeder's Cup last weekend. My dad was here for the weekend and we had a great time at the races.
Recent outings:
Two weekends ago we went to the pumpkin patch a few blocks from our house. Sophie kept saying "bah" (ball). She was so excited she thought they were all balls.
At the zoo:
Nana came to visit:
Petting Zoo where Sophie and I were attacked by a goat:
Some of my very first Aggie friends my freshman year were a couple of crazy guys from Ketchikan, Alaska. My sophmore year I met another lovely girl who would become one of my greatest friends, Liz (from Sandy, Ut). Well Liz ended up marrying Rod from Ketchikan. I love them both soo much! I can't believe I have known them for over 10 years. Well I haven't seen them in prob 5 years. They were in LA a few weeks ago with their adorable 3 children and were with another Aggie Alaska boy, Elli-yacht and his wife and little boy.
Lizzers and I
Sophie giving loves to her BF:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sophie one already? Crazy!
Sounds like you guys have been having good times lately. And seeing Liz and Rod is always a treat.
Great pics
Sophie (lil' Mike) is so cute! I love the look you're giving the goat. Like a halfway crusty what are you doing look.
I look like I am about to swallow you whole, LOL! I love the goat picture, hilarious!! It was so great to see you, I wish we had longer to visit. Next time!!
Okay...seriously...the last picture of the Sophie/Bella duo: ADORABLE.
Even Sophie's little leg-pop is cute!
Sophie is freaking cute. My compliments to the chefs.
Linds & Mike!
Little Sophie is so adorable! I can totally see both of you in her. I think it's so awesome that you guys are "chasing your dreams" I really hope it works for both of you! Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!
XOXO
Lindsey Knight McBride
Post a Comment