10:52 AM

Prayers

Posted by Best Worst Movie |

For the past week it seems all I have been hearing about is plane crashes and deaths. Yesterday, while we were getting ready for church, we received a phone call from our good friend George. He was calling to tell us that a friend of his and Mike's had been killed in a car accident Saturday night in Utah. She and her husband were coming home from a dinner party, he was following her in his car. They aren't sure what happened but somehow she went off the road around Morgen, Utah. Her husband adminstered CPR for 45 minutes until the medics got there. She did not survive. Yesterday it really hit me. Her death affected me so much and I barely knew her. But she was someone's mom (her only son is in his later 20's), someon'e soul mate, sister, daughter, best friend, co-worker, etc. It just made me so grateful for the people in my life and every day I am given on this earth to enjoy those relationships. If I haven't told you lately, thank you for being in my life and letting me be a part of yours. It is hard being so far away from family and friends.Life can get so busy and it becomes so easy to just say, "I will call that person later." I admit I am one of the worst at that. But I do love you all and miss so many of you and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about each one of you. One of my favorite sayings: "Lucky Me. Loving You."

On that note, I wanted to direct you all to a website for a family who was recently hit by tragedy. Two parents of four adorable children, were involved in a plane crash last weekend. The mom and dad are in critical condition. My friend is doing a fundraiser on her blog for them. Please check it out and if anything keep them in your prayers.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I left this quote on Nat's blog the other day.
“Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends."

Love you

Liz said...

Um, I think I might be able to steal the title of the worst friend at keeping in touch from you Lindsay, :). Such a sad story.

Rod and I are coming to LA to take the kidlets to Disneyland in October...are you guys up for a date with us and our brood? Elliot and his wife and oldest boy will be there, too. Sounds fun, no?

cochrane fam said...

he linds! I have seriously been reading "nienie's" blog for over a year, the news seriously hit me like a ton of bricks! the circle of who knows who is so small. It is such a sad sad story :(

Your post is super sweet! and i am so sorry to hear about mike's friend.
hope all is well with you!
Phil and Heather

Brandon and Erica said...

Brandon grew up with Stephanie Clark's family. They are all Provo Bulldogs. So, the Provo circle is pretty small around here too apparently. Sad sad story. I just started reading her blog after KSL did a spotlight on their tragedy, and I wish for them everyday that it didn't happen to such a happy couple.

I have been thinking a lot about death and tragedy lately too. Mainly because I am a hypochondriac and now worry that something bad is going to happen to someone I love. I know...

I love you Linds. I am so glad we have the gospel to keep things in safe perspective.

Denise said...

Linz we love you too!!! Can't wait to see you soon!

Subscribe