9:45 PM

Belly Chain Gang

Posted by Best Worst Movie |

(Tiff, Becky, Liz and I - 1996/97, Sophmore's at USU)

I have been tagged. I really don't remember who tagged me or even if it was real or a dream. I read so many peoples blogs that I think I remember someone saying I was tagged - if not I am doing this anyway, hence the picture.

10 years ago: I was 21 years old and a junior in college. I attended Utah State University and loved every minute of it. I met some of my closest friends there and learned about important things like how to play the drinking game "mexicali" and how to rollerblade backwards. I loved my early 20's. As you can see in the picture above I made some bad choices at this age such as sporting a 12 year old boy hairdo and wearing belly shirts to show off my belly ring. Actually, my girlfriends and I were nicknamed the "Belly Chain Gang" because we wore shirts that were too small for us to showcase our killer abs with belly rings and chains. There was a period where we would rollerblade for 8 hrs a day around campus - Every Day - in our short shirts and belly chains. We would stroll pass the fraternity houses - at least 10 times a day - and pretend like we didn't see the guys sitting on the porch gawking (or laughing). I am so glad I was so confident at that age and assumed everyone loved me (except of course for the sorority girls who despised us - I had some good drunk fights with them).

5 things on my to-do list today:

1. Clip Sophie's fingernails. I can't believe how fast those things grow.
2. Order birth certificate for Sophie so I can get her a passport.
3. Go to they gym.
4. Make hair appt.
5. Call my niece Morgen to wish her a happy b-day (she is 7).

I enjoy:

Most things. I enjoy cuddling with my husband, falling asleep on the couch, watching tv - in his arms. I enjoy every minute I spend with Sophie and waking up to her babbling every morning. My sweet doggie - Bella. The way she lays on the back of our chair like a kitty. My relationship with my sisters, parents, bro-in laws, in-laws, nieces and nephews. I enjoy FAMILY. What a huge blessing. I love to laugh. I am easily entertained but I love a good belly laugh. I love my girlfriends and MISS my Utah girls the most.

What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
Check my online account balance every minute and provide my password to friends and family so they can also check my account balance online. Visit an ATM every few minutes just to print out the receipt that says account balance: $1,000,000,000.

3 of my bad habits:

1. Leaving drawers and cabinets open - it drives Mike crazy.
2. Leaving my clothes on the bed instead of hanging them up.
3. Eating cereal for dinner.

5 places I have lived:

1. Belgrade, Montana
2. Arvada, Colorado
3. Logan, Utah
4. New York, New York
5. Los Angeles, California


5 jobs that I have had:

1. Cashier at Mountain Magic, my mom's "kitchen gourmet" store
2. Customer Service Rep for Sears
3. Waitress, Ruby Tuesday's (and a very good one I might add)
4. Variety of PR positions the last 9 years.
5. Mom


5 things people don't know about me:

1. I actually am not 5'1" - I am only 5 3/4" - I round up.
2. I am deathly afraid of free falling. I love roller coasters but have a mini heart attack when I think of looking over a cliff or skydiving (typing that gives me heart problems)
3. I was named after Lindsay Wagner - she was the bionic woman during the 70's.
4. I want to own my own store in LA one day. I am not sure what type yet..thinking clothes, baby store, pet store, bakery.. Waiting for that idea to pop in this head at the right time.
5. I would get a nose job if I wasn't afraid of the pain.

There you have it. I tag anyone who feels like taking a trip down memory lane.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Does Becky have Blue nails? They are probably the fake ones she used to sport!

I remember seeing you girls my freshman year roller blading on the quad and thinking,"what the hell are those girls doing"? Who would have known I would come to love the BCG so much?!

Miss you and hope you are doing well. That little Sophie is so dang cute!

Becky said...

I love it! The best part about the BCG is that the sorority girls gave us that name and we embraced it fully! Eew, my face is so fat in that picture! And what's up with the overalls! I guess it was the style. I've always rocked what was in! :)

Liz said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! I miss those days!! I was so freaking skinny.

I was so with you on the 12 year old boy haircut, except mine looked like Napolean Dynamite when it grew out :).

Oh and Becky..."whatever...they're Sketchers!!"

Tim * Krista said...

That is the most hilarious picture. I remember thinking you were so cool when I came to visit you at school. Of course now I think you are the coolest!

Brandon and Erica said...

haha. Good post. And...I'm pretty sure I would join you and get a nose job with you. So, give me your account information, and I'll start scheduling appointments. :-)
And...your short hair WAS awesome. Seriously...your "five places you lived" so beats my list. New York? Los Angeles?
Yeah, you win. You're still cooler.

Denise said...

Did you seriously have to go and post that picture? I'm with Jess on this one, I couldn't stand you girls! In fact Lindz, I think I remember thinking you were the most snotty of them all! ha ha ha!

Subscribe