8:50 PM

Lake Big Bear

Posted by Best Worst Movie |

This weekend we decided at the last minute to get out of the city and head to Lake Big Bear. It is about 2 hours outside of LA and is at 7000 ft elevation. The road up is insane. It winds and curves for at least 20 miles. And the pressure on the sinuses is insane. I didn't realize how drastic the climb is but it makes sense you are going from sea level to 7000 miles above sea level in under an hour. However, once you do reach the top it is beautiful. It reminds me of a lake you would find in Colorado or Montana - pine trees all around and that fresh mountain air. We stayed in a cute little cabin on the lake. Bella and Sophie LOVED the water. Bella enjoyed the lake and Sophie loved her first time in a big pool. At first she was a little confused how her bathtub had become a little bigger and a little colder. Once she realized she could splash even more she went hogwild. She went crazy kicking her feet and her arms like a mad woman for 20 minutes. I think she is going to be a swimmer. She got mad when we got out but mamma could only take so much splashing in the face without being able to splash her back;) Here are some pics of the weekend:









6 comments:

Tim * Krista said...

OMG, she is the cutest baby I have ever seen. I cannot wait to squeeze her "sweet baby jesus" legs. Oh and her parents aren't bad either. BTW, are you not feeding Bella now that you have Sophie, she looks anorexic.

Becky said...

Fun! That's great that you can live in the city and still get up to the mountains.

Brandon and Erica said...

LOVE HER!!!! SERIOUSLY! You should SEE the perma-smile on my face right now.

Can't wait to squeeze those cheeks.

LOVE HER!

Jessica said...

What a fun little trip. I want to nibble on those chubby cheeks!

rebecca said...

Those are the CUTEST pictures!! I'm so glad I get to see that precious little girl in just 5 days! I'm excited to see you too, my cute sister!!!!

Liz said...

Fun stuff! Looks like a beautiful place, and that girls' smile is infectious!

Subscribe